Monday, May 11, 2009

Problem solved....for the moment

The Depo shots failed miserably. What was supposed to solve a problem actually made it ten times worse. Instead of having to deal with the "problem" for five days a month, we had to deal with it every day for six months. God bless her doctor, she put her on birth control pills. Not only has the problem stopped, but Chelsea's mood has greatly improved. She will take the pills continuously for three months, then off one week, then repeat. She is getting an interesting case of acne, but that's easier to deal with than the other problem! Hooray!!!!

4 comments:

rickismom said...

Glad it is working for you.
My daughter recently finally got her period, and I worried all thse years for nothing. She THANK G-D managed OK....

firemom31 said...

That's very fortunate for you (and her). Chelsea just doesn't have any concept of hygiene and makes a mess everywhere no matter how much we work with her on it.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking a bit about this subject ever since your post the other day. Glad you have found a solution. Being the paranoid mother that I am, I was thinking that you may want to keep the fact that your daughter is on birth control close to the chest. It could make her a potential target if some creep figures she won't be able to tell and can't get pregnant... Guess I have seen too many bad things happen to girls. I am sure you are protective of her but since it popped into my head I thought I should share it with you.

firemom31 said...

I fear for her safety all the time. She would go along with anything as long as they offered her food or a hug, which is so scary. She doesn't understand what the pills are for, thank goodness, so hopefully none of the creeps in the world will find out. Unfortunately, I think most pedophiles could care less if they get a child pregnant. Grrrrr!