Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I hate feeling like this...

Summer is quickly approaching, and with summer comes Chelsea's summer break. Unfortunately Chelsea has reached an age where she is physically an adult and my husband cannot provide her personal care. My husband works our small business 14 hours a day in the summer and can't possibly watch her and do that. We had planned on a summer respite placement and we were so looking forward to it. A whole summer to be "us" again! Well, the bomb dropped...no money in the county budget to pay for her summer respite. So, what am I supposed to do now? It's like having an infant and no day care, only worse. It's worse because I could find a sitter for an infant. I can't find anyone to keep Chelsea. There is no help out there. I don't know what people are supposed to do in these situations. I am at the point where I fear we will have to place her with the state, not because we want to, but because we have no choice. I will send another plaintive email to her case manager and let you know what happens.

1 comment:

rickismom said...

Best of luck! Sometimes making a fuss can help.