Monday, July 20, 2009

A solution to the problem...I hope

I think we may have happened upon the solution for the summertime blues. We have told my son (Chelsea's dad) that he WILL keep his daughter through the summer months. He came and picked her up last night. It will be much better for her than sitting around all day with us old folks. She has two siblings to play with, a great big sturdy dog, and a fenced yard. No more sitting in front of the television all day in the summer. It is definitely what is best for her. My son lives just a few blocks away, so I am comfortable that I can drop in any time I feel the need to check on her. The thing is, I feel sad about the whole thing. Sad because I had to force her dad to take her for a few weeks. Sad that she seems to be the child no one wants, other than me, and I can't manage taking care of her with the other responsibilities in my life, all of which are necessary. I wonder what will become of her in the future. Will she be one of those people sitting in an institution, grasping for any little morsel of attention? I will do my best to prevent that from happening, but I am only one person, and one person with a ton of responsibility. It's just all so sad.

1 comment:

rickismom said...

Yes, it is quite sad.....
Glad, though, that you got a break, and she got a change of scenery!