Friday, August 28, 2009

Chelsea's Homecoming

Well, on Tuesday evening, Chelsea came home without much fanfare. My son dropped her off at around 7:30 pm and she had school the next day. She sat in her room watching a favorite movie for about an hour, and then asked me what time her dad was coming back. When I explained to her that she was back with us now, that her time with dad had been just a little vacation, she smiled and jumped under the covers. She was asleep in five minutes. I had no idea that he had not explained anything to her. She had not had a bath, and he didn't bring her clothes until 10:30 that night, clean but thrown unfolded in a box. Not my idea of preparing for the first day of school. That's just not how I live. I have everything ready the night before, baths over with, clothing laid out, etc. I like a nice, calm, organized morning. To make matters worse, I overslept the next morning, so it turned into a mad dash to get ready and get out the door. Chelsea took it all in stride, I, on the other hand, was a very unhappy camper.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Your misery is palpable. I have a 7yo wih Ds and no it's not always easy but your misery is exhausting to even read.

Would you consider adoption? A group home placement can take some time, adoption bould be much quicker and then you could have your life back. Think about it.

ds.mama said...

I was happy to read that Chelsea took it all in stride. You have to give her credit for being mellow. Please share more good things about her. We would love to see more pictures of her too.