Monday, August 17, 2009

One more week of freedom

School starts next Tuesday, so Chelsea will be back with us on Monday evening. I have such mixed feelings about it. Already I dread the loss of freedom. Back to begging someone to watch her so hubby and I can go somewhere together for a couple of hours. Back to the morning routine of getting ready for school; gone are the leisurely mornings filled with newspaper reading and coffee drinking. There will be no more uninterrupted conversations with my husband, no more sleeping in on the weekends, no more eating dinner at 9:00 pm just because we want to. But there is also a part of me that is excited to have her back. I miss her, plain and simple. If she's here, I know she's safe. This has been a wonderful few weeks' break for us, no doubt about it. It has given my husband and I a chance to reconnect, to remember who we were as a couple. I only hope we can hold on to that connection when Chelsea comes home again.

2 comments:

rickismom said...

Glad you had the few weeks vacation. Maybe try and think of at least one time during the week when you can "meet". (Like maybe you have a "date" for lunch together every Tuesday at the Hot dog place near your husband's work, or the like....

ds.mama said...

Don't know what time Chelsea does to sleep, but maybe you and hubby could have a light dinner with her early and then a nice romantic dinner alone together after she is sleeping. My husband and I do that sometimes :-)