Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just plain annoying

Not much out of the ordinary today. Just the same annoying stuff. More asking to go to the bathroom, and I still have no idea why or how to stop it. Yesterday I left a pan on the stove and went outside, then promptly forgot about it. The house was filling with smoke and the alarm was going off. She sat on her bed looking at a book, a straight line of site to the burning pan, and never said a word. I suppose she would have sat there while the house burned down around her. I just don't know how to keep someone like her safe.

1 comment:

rickismom said...

You have to TEACH her. Not once. Several times. She'll learn if you make it fun and interesting. Don't tell me she can't learn. If Dave Hinsberger can teach people with moderate and low moderately severe intellectual delays to avoid abuse, you can teach her that
1. Fire is a danger
2. Function of fire alarms, and what to do
3. What to do in case of fire.