Sunday, April 27, 2008

Trying to have a nice outing

We have been pinned up in the house together for so long, no money for gas, no money to do anything, no babysitter to go out by ourselves. Today we decided to splurge and spend the gas money to go geoaching http://www.geocaching.com Of course, Chelsea went along, because no matter what we do, she always has to come with us. The first location was a wooded area on a really steep incline and there was a pond at the bottom. I couldn't enjoy it very much because I was worried she'd roll down the hill and into the water. Ever try hiking while holding someones hand? The second location was in a cemetery, so I didn't have to watch her as close. The whole time we were looking for the cache she was babbling and shouting "I found it, look, I found a tree!" Another {ahem} enjoyable family outing. When I was younger and my kids were little, these kinds of outings were the norm, and I accepted it as part of being a parent. I can't seem to do that with her. Perhaps because even at 13 yrs old or 17 yrs old, she will always be like a 4 yr old, so no hope of it getting easier.Perhaps because at 48 yrs old, the last thing I want to do is raise a child, especially once who is eternally infantile. Perhaps because this whole thing was forced upon me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I noticed you went very quite on your blogs: did you get the group home sorted? I applaud you for all you did for that girl, and for your strength to consider the alternatives. I have no doubt that you did the best thing for her. Love to know how your life has changed and how you are going.
A